BumpRecorder => Leaflet
Innovative pavement inspection tool by using Android smartphone. Put on your smartphone on vehicle dashboard tightly, Upload measured data, IRI map will display on the Web map – BumpRecorder Web –
It has 3,428,790km IRI data
Take photo and make comment by using Android smartphone. Daily repot will print out for the patrol. It can display on the web map – PhotoReport Web –
GPS log analysis
When you have GPS logging data, we can help you analysis to evaluate safety driving e.g. sudden stop analysis.
Outline of the BumpRecorder
Using this application, only the smartphone put on the vehicle dashboard, road bump can be detected. It can use for road maintenance in usual time, and earthquake damege research after the disaster.
When the recorded file is uploaded, road bump location map can be displayed by following URL by on your browser.
How to use?
1. The smartphone put on the vehicle dashboard, display side is up side, top side is front side. [attention!!] We are strongly recommend you, the smartphone should fix on the dashboard for your safety.
2. Press [Start] button, then road bump detection will be started. The vehicle is driven as usual.
3. Road bump size is displayed on the screen. [attention!!] DON’T look at the screen, when you drive the vehicle for your safety!
4. When measurement is finished, press [Stop] button.
5. For upload files, press [Upload and Share] button at the screen of right top side, and select file, then upload will be start. It takes few moments.
6. Then the driving route, the bump location will be displayed on the Google Maps. Circle diameter is defined by road bump size.
About data files
data files as follows. When upload will be done, these files will be uploaded.
– config file : yyyymmdd_hhmmss_Config.txt
measurement condition : start time, end time, measurement cycle, device name, etc
NOT include serial number
– acceleration data file : yyyymmdd_hhmmss_Accel.txt
acceleration data, road profile, etc
– GPS data file : yyyymmdd_hhmmss_GPS.txt
– Bump data file : yyyymmdd_hhmmss_Bump.txt
Bump Height, Bump Length, etc
– Cell tower data file : yyyymmdd_hhmmss_CellInfo.txt
MCC, MNC, LAC, RNC, Cell-ID, etc
NOT include phone number
– Data file of running distance under 0.1[km] long can not upload, because it can not draw the map.
– Increase calculation speed.
– User Interface is changed.
– Bump “shadow” is reduced before / after actual Bump.
– Plural data can be upload at same time.
- 2018-02-21 Reference IRI data download for one time use
- 2017-09-14 ReferenceTechinology Comparison between BumpRecorder and RoadLab Pro
- 2017-06-14 TechinologyTechnical Paper Response type roughness measurement and cracking detection method by using smartphone
- 2016-10-21 PresentationTechinology BumpRecorder Workshop in Kuala Lumpur
- 2016-10-19 PresentationTechinologyTechnical Paper IRF -Preliminary report for IRI changes after KUMAMOTO earthquake-
- 2014-11-17 Techinology 2014 IRF -Collecting Pavement Big Data by using Smartphone-
- 2010-10-27 TechinologyTechnical Paper 2010.10.27 ITS World Congress – 2010.10.27 ITS World Congress – Extensional Smartphone Probe For Road Bump Detection